Bibles & Literature in French
PO Box 629
Wheaton, IL 60187
There are four sections on this page:
PayPal Frequently Asked Questions
Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) Questions
Credit Card Questions
1. Why does BLF use PayPal?
BLF uses PayPal because PayPal offers a safe, secure and economical way to transfer funds via the internet.
2. What’s the cost of having a PayPal account?
There is no cost – it’s FREE.
3. What’s the cost of sending a donation to BLF via PayPal?
Nothing. Sending money from your personal account to BLF is FREE.
4. How much does BLF pay for funds transferred via PayPal?
BLF pays approximately 2.2% service fee for funds transferred via PayPal. This is among the lowest rates available on the internet. Many providers charge 3% – 4.5% for this service.
5. Do I need a PayPal account to send money via PayPal?
No, all you need is a debit or credit card.
6. Do I need to have money in my PayPal account before I make a donation to BLF?
No. When you open a PayPal account, they will ask you for your bank or credit card information. If your PayPal account does not have the funds to make the transfer, PayPal will take the funds directly from the account you set up when you opened your PayPal account. In this way PayPal becomes the mechanism by which you can transfer funds from your account to BLF.
7. How do I sign up for PayPal?
Go to PayPal.com and follow their instructions.
8. How secure is PayPal?
PayPal is the leader in online financial transactions. They use the latest in Single Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. For an overview of their security click here.
9. What is the process for making a transfer via PayPal from the BLF website?
Here’s the step-by-step process for making a donation via PayPal from within the BLF website:
1. Click on a DONATE button anywhere on the BLF website.
2. Fill in the amount you want to donate.
3. Click the Update Total button.
4. Log into PAYPAL from the screen provided.
5. Review the donation on the next screen.
6. Click the yellow “Donate $ x .00 USD Now” to submit the donation.
7. PayPal will send you an immediate confirmation of the donation.
8. BLF will send you a receipt for your tax record within 2 weeks.
1. How can funds be withdrawn directly from my account?
No one can take money from your account unless you specifically authorize it.
2. Are electronic donations risky?
No. An electronic donation is safer than writing a check, as it can’t be lost, stolen or destroyed in the mail. Electronic transactions are governed by strict national rules and guidelines. Over four billion of these transactions are processed annually in the United States.
3. When would this automatic donation be taken from my account?
For monthly recurring gifts you can specify your donation to be made on the 3rd or 18th of each month. You will see the transaction charged to your account on the day, or the following business day if that day falls on a holiday.
4. If I don’t write checks, how do I keep my checkbook balance straight?
Your contribution is made on a pre-established day, so you can deduct it from your check record at that time.
5. What if I change my bank or account number?
If you have set up a recurring donation, and you change banks or your bank account number changes, you will need to contact us immediately. Please call BLF at 630-221-1980 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Are there any bank service fees if I give by electronic fund transfer?
BLF pays a flat rate to have the privilege of making electronic fund transfers on behalf of our partners. Therefore there is no additional fee associated with your electronic fund transfer.
1. Does BLF accept credit cards?
Yes, BLF has contracted PayPal to process credit card transactions. PayPal accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. However, if you have a PayPal account, you must use that account.
2. What is the process for giving by credit card?
Follow this step-by-step process for giving with your credit card:
1. Click on any Donate button on the BLF website.
2. Fill in the amount you wish to donate in the window provided.
3. Click on the Update Total button.
4. Click on the Continue link next to the credit card symbols.
5. Fill out the information requested under Pay with Credit Card.
6. Click the yellow Review Donation and Continue button.
7. Review your donation on the next screen.
8. Click the yellow “Donate $ x .00 USD Now” to submit the donation.
9. PayPal will send you an immediate confirmation of your donation.
10. BLF will send you a receipt for your donation within 2 weeks.
3. Can I make my credit card contribution a recurring monthly donation?
Yes. On the last screen, before you click the “Donate $ x .00 USD Now” button, there is a link entitled, “+Add special instructions to the seller”. Click on this link and enter your instructions.
4. When would this recurring contribution be charged to my credit card?
The monthly recurring donations, can be made on the 3rd, or 18th of each month. You will see the transaction posted to your account within a few business days after the date you have chosen.
5. What if I change credit cards?
If you change credit cards, please contact us immediately by calling BLF at 630-221-1980 or email us at email@example.com
6. What happens if my credit card expires?
If your credit card expires, please contact us immediately by calling BLF at 630-221-1980 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Are there any service fees associated with a credit card donation?
Yes. BLF pays approximately 2.2% of all credit card transactions in service fees. Making your gift by EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) will help us avoid these credit card fees.
1. How can I designate my donation to the account of my choosing?
Donate buttons are linked with the Project or Missionary where they are located. However, you may override this ‘default setting’ in the donation process and designate your funds to any project or missionary from any Donate button.
Projects (tax-deductible): Allows you to donate to a specific project or book title.
Support (tax-deductible): Provides for a missionary’s salary, medical insurance, retirement and basic living needs. BLF uses these funds to keep the missionary in ministry in their field of service.
Where Most Needed (tax-deductible): Provides the unique opportunity for you to help with the overall vision and ministry of BLF. These funds are used carefully and wisely where most needed.
Personal Gift (not tax-deductible): Gifts for birthday, holiday and special occasions; funds for the missionary’s personal use. When keywords like; personal gift, birthday gift, or Christmas gift are used, the funds are handled accordingly and are not tax-deductible. No administration charge is taken from the donation.
2. What if I want to cancel or change the amount of my recurring contribution?
You can do that anytime. Please call BLF at 630-221-1980 or email us at email@example.com
3. What if I have a change of address?
Please call BLF at 630-221-1980 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Can I try out the service by giving one time?
Yes. You may try giving via credit card or PayPal anytime. You will see how easy and efficient the process really is.
5. How can I keep a record of the amount I have contributed?
PayPal will issue a receipt immediately for your donation. In addition, BLF will provide you with a receipt for your tax records.
6. Will I receive a tax statement for my gift?
BLF sends an official tax receipt for each donation. This receipt is the official tax-deductible record of your contribution and should not be considered a bill. Recurring monthly gifts are also receipted.
7. What is BLF’s tax status?
BLF is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Not-for-profit Religious Corporation. Our IRS tax identification number is 95-2427462.
8. How does BLF handle my gift?
Tax-deductible contributions are made with the understanding that BLF has complete control and administration over the use of the donation. Each designation to an approved program is used with the understanding that when the need has been met, donations will then be used where needed most, preferably to a similar program, at the discretion of BLF.
9. How is BLF committed to financial integrity?
BLF has an annual external audit, and is governed by a reputable Board of Directors. In addition, we are members of CrossGlobal Link and the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.
10. Whom do I talk to if I have any questions?
The BLF Receipting Department would be glad to answer any questions you might have concerning your contributions. Please call BLF at 630-221-1980 or email us at email@example.com